QuickBooks users are required to keep themselves updated with the advanced trends. Some versions may be discontinuing. As we know, once QuickBooks 2019 version will stop, you will be restricted to access some of the services like Online Banking, Live support, or Payroll services. So if you are using QuickBooks 2019 version then you should know the system will be discontinued after May 31, 2022. Hence upgrading it with the new version i.e. QuickBooks Desktop 2022 seems the best decision. When we talk about the update process, everyone wants the best option that addresses the business requirement more efficiently. Have you heard the updated release 2022 leading the market? It comes with massive enhancements. Use the QuickBooks Upgrade Method to use these improved functionalities. The below write-up will help you with the insights of QuickBooks 2019 To 2022 Upgrade.
QuickBooks 2019 has been improved in many ways with the help of subscriptions. Intuit’s Pro, Premier, and Mac products will now be available as Pro Plus, Premier Plus, and Mac Plus subscriptions. For a few years, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has been available as a subscription service. Such improvements give users a great reason to upgrade QuickBooks to a subscription-based version. This article entails every single detail of the QuickBooks 2022 version that will help to make sure that upgrading your Quickbooks 2019 version to 2022 is a great choice.
Read This: Install QuickBooks (2012 to 2022)
Advantages of 2019 to 2022 Upgrade QuickBooks
The upgrade helps you stay up-to-date with the modifications and enjoy the advanced options and fixes available in the new release. Here is the list of perks of the 2019 to 2022 upgrade:
- Downloading the latest upgrade will help you get additions and improved functionalities in the QuickBooks 2022 version
- The QuickBooks 2019 will discontinue after May 31, 2022, so if you upgrade it with the latest QuickBooks subscription-based version then you can use the add-on services.
- You can opt for the advanced options, security patches, and live support for any third-party operating system modification.
- Premium money-management and time-saving features
- You will get double performance and 64-bit computing power processor
- Unlimited customer support & data recovery with no extra charges
- The QuickBooks 2022 Upgrade ease the process of adding multiple attachments and customizing email templates to view the prior email conversation
How to make sure your QuickBooks software is updated?
QuickBooks Desktop usually requires some alterations to the database after an update. You may need to update your software in order for earlier versions of the program to remain readable. There are a few steps you can take listed below in order to determine if you have the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop:
- First, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap the F2 or Ctrl+1 keys to open the Product Information window.
- Follow the changes made to make sure it is compatible with the current version.
- Find out if we have released a QuickBooks update.
Upgrade from QuickBooks 2019 to QuickBooks 2022
- Click Upgrade Now button once you have selected the items you want to upgrade.
- If you need to keep QuickBooks in the old version, choose Keep Old on My Computer
- After this click Let’s go
- Download & install the new version of QuickBooks to work with your changing accounting data.
- Click Open QuickBooks after the upgrade process is done.
QuickBooks 2019 VS 2022 – Which Is Better Option?
|Speed of the accounting tasks are less with limited features, functionalities, and not-advanced computing power||The accounting tasks are quicker with 64-bit enhanced computing power|
|Email integration options are absent due to which you are unable to send direct emails from the QuickBooks||Send multiple invoices in one email with the help of email integration platforms like Webgility option|
|Failed to imbed PO in the email subject line||Add PO in the subject line of email|
|Not improved payment method||Fast vendor bill payments|
|The documents linking and transaction uploads is a time-consuming||Desktop mobile app let you link documents by uploading|
|Integration require third party application||Great news! It allows e-commerce integration solution with an ease|
|Time-taking the manual process customer payment||You can simplify payment methods through consolidating multiple invoices in a single email|
|Limited options to view the real-time visibility of the cash-flow status||Advanced features availability to get the clear picture of the cash flow|
|No option of company file button||Easily search a company file button|
|Some advanced features such as Employees self-setup, Alternate vendors, Landed cost calculations, expand button and more are missing in QuickBooks 2019||You can get improved and enhanced options including landed cost calculations simplicity, collapse tab, finding alternate vendors details, data sync, time-saving & money management options, and employees self-setup option to speedup business performance|
QuickBooks 2019 to 2022 System Requirements
Find out what system requirements your software needs before upgrading it.
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials, Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials, Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials, Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials|
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||Feora 31, 32OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)|
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) is required to use QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
Require Hardware and Operating System
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 requires a 64-bit Windows operating system and will not run on a 32-bit Windows operating system.
- Processor: 2.4GHz minimum
- Server RAM requirements: 20 Users (required 20+GB RAM), 15 Users (required 16GB RAM), 10 Users (required 12GB RAM), and 1-5 Users (8GB RAM)
- RAM: 8GB minimum for 64-bit, 16GB recommended.
- Disk Space:
- 2.5 GB of hard disk space (additional required for data files).
- Additional software: Microsoft.NET 4.8 Runtime (60MB), which is included in the installation files.
- Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services has additional requirements:
- A minimum of 4.0GB RAM is required.
- Two times the largest file to back up Plus 100MB, or twice the size to restore. Only the space from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”IntuitIntuit Data Protect” is necessary.
- Windows for the North American version.
- When the language is set to English, regional settings are supported.
- When hosting multi-user access, the server machine must have administrator rights.
- It is not necessary to execute it in a virtual environment or using emulation software because it is already installed.
- Optical Drive: Physical CD installations require a 4X DVD-ROM drive.
- Screen Resolution:
- With up to two extended displays, the display is ideal for a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher.
- Best optimized for a computer’s default DPI level.
QuickBooks is compatible with a wide range of applications. Here’s a list of some of the most popular apps.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2019
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016).
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2013). Note that the web version of Microsoft 365 is not supported.
- Estimates, invoices, and other forms can be emailed using Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019, Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com, as well as other SMTP-enabled email clients.
- Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or 365 are required for letter writing (includes 64-bit).
- Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 are required to export reports (includes 64-bit).
- Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013 is required for contact synchronization with Microsoft Outlook.
- TurboTax 2021 (Personal and Business).
- Pro-Series tax year 2021.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0, and V18.0.
- Lacerte 2021.
- Quicken 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll, and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended).
- Internet Explorer 11.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client which supports the plain text version).
Antimalware and Antivirus software compatibility
Antimalware and antivirus applications were used to evaluate QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2022, as well as Enterprise 22.0. To achieve the best QuickBooks performance, you may need to make a few adjustments in these apps’ settings.
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
Get a Free User Guide “Why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022”
Headache Huh, Looking to Upgrade from Your Current Version of QuickBooks?. But frustrated which version will be best suited according to your need. Don’t worry, Get a comprehensive list of reasons, why you should upgrade to the QuickBooks 2022 version.
Get these 20 tips on why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022.
Upgrade Process Step By Step QB 2019 To 2022
Process to Upgrade:
You may require upgrading the company to upgrade to advanced version 2022. It must be upgraded once thus when switching to a different edition there is no requirement to upgrade the file. Following is the list of steps to follow:
Step 1- Install QuickBooks:
- Initial step is to log in the Windows with an Admin user
- Now download the advanced QuickBooks Desktop version if you have not downloaded yet
- Next follow the installation instructions
Find and follow QuickBooks 2022 Install Instructions so you will not face any kind of problem while opening QB.
Step 2- Company file preparation:
- Open the QuickBooks application on the system
- Now locate the company file you need to open
- Hit F2 button to open the product information page
- Search for the file information button for further information
- Make a note of the company file on the system
- Rebuild the company file using the Rebuild Tool
Step 3- Company File Upgrade:
Once you open the company file in an advanced QuickBooks version, it will prompt you to upgrade the same. Follow the below steps:
- Make sure users have logged out from the company file
- Next open the latest QuickBooks Desktop version
- If you failed to open the company file then select the Open or Restore company option
- Next select Open/Restore company file using the File button
- After this click on Open a company file button
- Choose Restore a backup copy
- Next click Local Backup tab if you have a company file backup instead of a company file
- Search for a company file and then click Open button
- With an admin credentials login to the company file
- QuickBooks makes an automatic backup of the company file prior upgrade
- Choose the option named “Change this default location” to save the backup in a particular folder
- Hit Update now tab
- Click Done once the QB complete the upgrade procedure
- Now you are all set to open the new version QuickBooks 2022 company file
- Next you can now perform data migration from company files.
What the user has to do whenever they received Error QuickBooks Update File Missing, quick and simple solutions.
Upgrade QB Desktop 2019 Company File To QuickBooks 2022 Company File
Upgrade Company File to 2022:
Here is the procedure to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop 2019 to QuickBooks Desktop 2022:
- Once you are all set to go then choose the “Upgrade Now” button
- Choose Keep Old version on my Computer if you need to keep the active QuickBooks
- Click lets go
- Next, it will download, installs and activate the QB advanced version
- It will update the company files
- Once you are done with this then choose Open QuickBooks
Convert 2019 QuickBooks To QuickBooks 2022
Convert 2019 Company files to 2022:
Here are the steps for moving QuickBooks file 2019 to QuickBooks 2022:
Step 1- Prepare the QuickBooks Desktop file:
- Ensure that the QuickBooks is up-to-date
- Verify the company file is not too large to export
Moreover MyOnePro team experts will guide you for QuickBooks Data Transfer To New Company , you can get help via live chat .
Step 2- Move the QuickBooks Desktop file to another:
- Login to the company file with admin rights
- Locate Company option then choose Export Company File to QuickBooks Online
- Choose Start your export tab
- Login as an admin to the QB online company file
- Click Choose Online company button
- Select the QuickBooks online company you need to replace the company file
- Click Continue button
- Hit on Yes button to track inventory button in QuickBooks Desktop or No button if you need to setup new items
- Fill Agree in the box then choose “Replace” button
- Hit button named Yes, go ahead & replace the data
- Choose “Replace”
QuickBooks 2019 Expired / Discontinued Or Stopped Working
After May 31, 2022, access to all versions of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2019 will be discontinued. If you don’t use any of the add-on services in QuickBooks Desktop 2019, the program will continue to work. You won’t be able to subscribe to live tech support or any of the other Intuit services that can be integrated with QuickBooks Desktop. Also, discontinued versions won’t receive the latest security patches and updates. Other Intuit products are affected by the discontinuation of add-on services, such as QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2019.
Upgrade By May 31, 2022
You will be able to access QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, Live Support, Online Backup, Online Banking, and other services through QuickBooks Desktop 2019 software until May 31, 2022. After this date, you will only receive critical security updates until June 1, 2022. If you need any of the discontinued features before this time, contact us now to purchase them.
Products Affected By Service Discontinuation After May 31, 2022.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2019 (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19
- QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2019
- QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 19
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019
The MAP pricing is discounted pricing for the very first year that is now available. The MSRP pricing will be charged for subsequent years, subject to price changes. Starting with the May 2021 upgrades, all QuickBooks Desktop products are now renewable annually. State and local sales taxes will be added to each order. Click to Purchase
It is expected that this article will be helpful to you in upgrading the edition of QuickBooks 2019 (the latest subscription model) to 2022. In case, you have any queries, you can use Live Chat. Team of MyOnePro simplified the process of Migrating QuickBooks Old To New Computer as well as users can get complete details about QuickBooks POS Transfer To New Computer in easy steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Time Do You Need To Perform The Upgrade Process?
It depends on the speed of the internet speed and company file size
How Would I Get To Know There Is An Advanced Version In QuickBooks Desktop ?
1. For this open your QuickBooks Desktop
2. Press the F2 button from the keyboard
3. It will open up a product information page
4. Check the current version and release one as well
What If I Am Unable To View An Upgrade QuickBooks Subscription Prompt ?
No worries! Follow the below steps:
1. Click on Edit menu
2. Choose Preferences button
3. Select General tab
4. Click on the option named My Preferences
5. Hit on the tab named Bring back all one time followed by hitting the OK tab
6. At last close the QuickBooks Desktop
List The QuickBooks 2019 Products Affected By Discontinuation Policy After May 31, 2022 ?
1. QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019
2. QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2019
3. QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19
4. QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019
5. QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2019
6. QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 19
How Much Time Do I Need To Move QuickBooks 2019 To QuickBooks 2022?
It varies with the size of the company file. However, usually, it takes less than an hour.
Can I Access Live Support After QuickBooks 2019 Upgrade To 2022?
Yes, you can enjoy the latest features and access the discontinued affected services of the QuickBooks 2019 after downloading a 2022 upgrade.