Among all the accounting software’s available QuickBooks is one of the most influential ones. With QuickBooks, Businesses have easily revolutionized and increased their growth. All around the world, this software has made a reputation of its own and is used by many businesses. If you want to manage your accounting and bookkeeping activities, QuickBooks can be your best bet at managing the accounting solutions.
- 1 What is Error 3371 in Quickbooks?
- 2 What Causes Quickbooks 3371 Error?
- 3 How Do I Fix QuickBooks Error in 3371?
- 4 How to Fix Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
- 5 Fix Issue 3371 Significant
- 6 Why Are You Facing the QuickBooks Error 3371?
- 7 How to Avoid Quickbooks Error 3371 in Future?
- 7.1 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 7.1.1 Q1. What Is the Role of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File in QuickBooks?
- 7.1.2 Q2. How Can I Re-create the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File?
- 7.1.3 Q3. What Should I Do if QuickBooks Error 3371 Persists Despite Trying Solutions?
- 7.1.4 Q4. What is Error “Could Not Initialize License Properties?
- 7.1.5 Q5. How to delete the entitlement file in QuickBooks Desktop?
- 7.1.6 Q4. What factors may lead to QuickBooks Error 3371?
- 7.1.7 Q5. How do I fix error 3371, error code 11118, in QuickBooks Desktop?
- 7.1.8 Q6. How do I fix a QuickBooks license error?
- 7.1.9 Q7. What is error 3371 status code 11104 QuickBooks desktop?
- 7.1 Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Error 3371 in Quickbooks?
The QuickBooks error 3371 may appear when a user resets the desktop or sets up the company file for the first time. These are the most common scenarios in which this problem occurs. There appears to be additional damage to the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file as the cause of this error. Because it provides license properties for the QuickBooks Desktop program, this file is crucial. This error code can show up as a number of different error messages, such as the one below that is shown:
[Error 3371, Status Code -11118]: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window:
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
If we have to put it in another words, we may conclude that the error crosses our path when we try to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. The error messages that you might see on your desktop screen are as follows:
Could not initialize license properties.
Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Couldn’t initialize license properties.
[Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties.
[Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
In the event that the software license is invalid, all of these error messages may show. When you click OK, a second error message called “QuickBooks fatal Error” will also appear on the screen along with the dialog box with the error message. Just press the OK button once more to dismiss the error box popup.
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. insert the QuickBooks CD into your computer and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Quickbooks Technical help desk.
Every time a user tries to access the QuickBooks program, the issue prevents the license properties from syncing. Let’s examine some of the other aspects that are revealed later in this piece!
What Causes Quickbooks 3371 Error?
It is quite evident from the error message that QB’s inability to load the licensing data is the cause of the 3371 issue. It might potentially happen as a result of a corrupted or missing QuickBooks Company file. Additionally, any of the following circumstances could result in this error:
- The QB registration.dat file, which is part of your QuickBooks Desktop installation package and contains your QB licensing details, is corrupted.
- QuickBooks Desktop retrieves the Qbregistration.dat file information required to launch QB by using the Microsoft component (MSXML). This component may cause error 3371 if it is damaged.
- The licensing data or your Intuit license file are either missing, damaged, or corrupted.
- When backing up the QB data from the C:/drive to another drive, you might encounter problem 3371.
How Do I Fix QuickBooks Error in 3371?
Follow the below mentioned methods to fix QuickBooks Error 3371.
Method 1: Update Windows
The QBDT installation may malfunction or sustain damage if your Windows version is out of date. Thus, make sure you’ve completed the installation of all current Windows updates by doing the following:
In QBDT, click the Windows icon, choose “All Programs,” and finally choose “Windows Update.”
Reinstall QuickBooks after the updates have been installed.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to Repair
Note: Before following these instructions, make sure you close the QuickBooks application.
Get the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub here.
Note: If you have already installed Tool Hub, you may skip this step.
To finish installing Tool Hub, open the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file and adhere to the on-screen instructions.
After the installation is finished, double-click the Tool Hub icon on the Windows desktop to bring it up.
- Choose the Installation Issues tab after the QuickBooks Tool Hub window opens.
- Click ‘3371 Error Fix’ and then ‘OK’ on the ‘Installation Issues’ screen.
- Launch QBDT now, then attempt to open your data file.
Method 3: Hands-on Removal and Creation of Damaged Entitlement File
Many have claimed that by establishing the entitlement file again, they were able to resolve the 3371 QuickBooks problem. You will have to physically remove the file in order to reconstruct it, though.
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Type “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8” into the “Run” window, then hit the “Enter” key. This will cause the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” file to open in a folder.
- Note: Change v8 to v6 in the location above if the folder holding the Entitlement file does not open.
- Click “Delete” after doing a right-click on the ecml file.
- To confirm the deletion of the chosen file, click “Yes.”
- Launch QuickBooks now, and then choose the Company file.
Next, register the QB application once more by following the on-screen instructions.
Method 4: To Fix the issue, Carry out a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Clean install QBDT. If doing this doesn’t resolve the issue, your Windows operating system has probably been harmed. In that scenario, get the OS fixed by getting in touch with Microsoft or an IT specialist.
How to Fix Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
Error 3371: could not initialize license properties.
Upon activating or opening QuickBooks Desktop, an error message appears on the screen.
- Initializing license properties was not possible. QuickBooks was unable to import the licensing data (error 3371). File corruption or missingness could be the cause of this.
- Initializing license properties was not possible. [Error 3371, Code of Status -11118] The license data could not be loaded into QuickBooks. File corruption or missingness could be the cause of this.
- Initializing license properties was not possible. [Error: 3371, Code of Status -1] The license data could not be loaded into QuickBooks. File corruption or missingness could be the cause of this.
Usually, one or more of the following causes this error:
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation file QBregistration.dat holds the license details for QuickBooks. It is necessary to retrieve and validate the licensing information each time QuickBooks Desktop is turned on. QuickBooks Desktop won’t open if there is damage to this file.
- Broken Microsoft component – MSXML is a component that QuickBooks Desktop requires in order to function. This part aids in the retrieval of data from the QbRegistration.dat file by QuickBooks Desktop, enabling QB to open.
- Some QuickBooks Desktop files are quarantined by an anti-virus application or an outdated version of Windows.
- Users using WebConnect with Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise: This problem could also arise if you open the file without first saving it. Before importing the.QBO file, you must save.
Fix Issue 3371 Significant
If the QuickBooks Desktop installation is not up to date, it may malfunction or get corrupted. Verify that Windows is updated.
After trying each of the fixes in this post, if the error persists, you should consult a trained IT specialist or get in touch with Microsoft as your Windows operating system may be corrupted.
- Update Windows to the most recent version.
- Toggle the Windows logo.
- After choosing All Programs, select Windows Update.
- Install QuickBooks after installing the updates.
Why Are You Facing the QuickBooks Error 3371?
This issue will arise for a few reasons:
- A necessary component or file for the application to function is broken or absent.
- The QBregistration.dat file, which holds the license information for QuickBooks, is broken.
- Broken MSXML component.
- Outdated Windows software or an antivirus program.
How to Avoid Quickbooks Error 3371 in Future?
You should abide by the following recommended practices to ensure that this problem doesn’t occur again:
Maintain Windows and QuickBooks Up to Date: Make sure your QuickBooks program and Windows operating system are up to date. Bug fixes, security upgrades, and compatibility enhancements are frequently included in updates.
Backup Your QuickBooks Data Frequently: Put in place a reliable and consistent backup plan for your QuickBooks data. It’s imperative that you regularly backup your company’s files to prevent data loss in the event of unanticipated problems or system breakdowns.
Sustain a Secure Environment: Regularly check your computer and network for malware and viruses to keep them safe. Utilize trustworthy antivirus and anti-malware software to safeguard your computer against possible dangers that can interfere with QuickBooks.
Take Care When Opening or Importing Files: Use caution when opening or importing files into QuickBooks, especially if they come from unidentified or unreliable sources. Utilizing files that are incompatible with QuickBooks’ supported file formats can result in problems.
Maintain Your Computer Regularly: To maintain your computer operating at its best, carry out regular system maintenance procedures including disk cleanup, disk defragmentation, and software upgrades. An error-prone system is less likely to occur with proper maintenance.
Track the Health of the Hardware: Pay attention to the condition of the hard drives and RAM on your computer. QuickBooks errors are examples of software problems that can be caused by hardware problems.
Educate and Train Users: If more than one person uses QuickBooks, ensure they are aware of acceptable practices and the many reasons why errors might occur. Training can aid in preventing inadvertent data handling errors or corruption.
Establish User Permissions and Access Controls: If you use QuickBooks in a multi-user setting, be sure that each user has the right amount of access to company files and data.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What Is the Role of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File in QuickBooks?
Answer: The EntitlementDataStore.ecml file, a vital component of QuickBooks, stores crucial license and registration details. This file plays a pivotal role in validating your QuickBooks license, granting you legal usage of the software and ensuring a seamless experience.
Q2. How Can I Re-create the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File?
Answer: In order to re-create the EntitlementDataStore.ecml, you must follow these steps:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Now locate the directory C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6).
- Delete the already existing EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- At last, open QuickBooks and follow the on-screen instructions to re-register the software.
Q3. What Should I Do if QuickBooks Error 3371 Persists Despite Trying Solutions?
Answer: If, despite trying the recommended solutions, QuickBooks Error 3371 persists, consider reaching out to QuickBooks support for personalized assistance. Their knowledgeable experts can offer tailored guidance that caters to your specific situation, ensuring a more effective resolution.
Q4. What is Error “Could Not Initialize License Properties?
Answer: QuickBooks users encounter this technical error code when attempting to activate the software using a previously used license key. This issue arises when the same license key has already been utilized to activate QuickBooks on another computer.
Q5. How to delete the entitlement file in QuickBooks Desktop?
Answer: Take a look at these easy procedures to remove the.ecml file from QuickBooks:
- To open the Run window, first press the Windows + R keys together.
- Copy and paste C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 into the Run window.
- You must click the Ok button in the following step.
- After completing that, locate the Entitlement file. Additionally, press the Delete button. And that’s it!
Q4. What factors may lead to QuickBooks Error 3371?
Answer: There are many factors that can cause QuickBooks Error Code 3371 to appear on the screen. A few of them have been written below:
QuickBooks Error 3371 can be caused by:
- Damaged or missing MSXML components
- The QBregistration.dat file
- Anti-virus software
Q5. How do I fix error 3371, error code 11118, in QuickBooks Desktop?
Answer: To resolve QuickBooks error code 3371, follow these steps:
Close all open applications.
Remove the ECML file.
Modify the filename of the Entitlement file.
Launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Q6. How do I fix a QuickBooks license error?
Answer: To resolve QuickBooks Error 3371 with status code 11118, follow these steps:
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select “Installation Issues.”
- Run “Quick Fix my Program.”
- Choose “3371 Error Fix” and click “OK.”
This error indicates that QuickBooks could not load the license data, which may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Q7. What is error 3371 status code 11104 QuickBooks desktop?
Answer: The main reason behind this error is that the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file is either damaged or missing. If you want to fix this, you need to recreate the file. How to Recreate Damaged EntitlementDataStorage.ecml File?
The steps to Re-create Damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml File are as follows:
- Close QuickBooks: Make sure to close QuickBooks if it’s open at the moment.
- Locate the folder with entitlement data. Find the folder containing the entitlement information. The version of QuickBooks and your operating system will determine this.
- Press the Windows and ‘R’ keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run window. The Run window will open as a result.
Enter the following data into the box by typing it in or copying it, then hitting the Enter key.
- QuickBooks 2013 and Enterprise 13.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 8
- QuickBooks 2012 and Enterprise 12.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2011 and Enterprise 11.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2010 and Enterprise 10.0 : C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2009 and Enterprise 9.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 5
- QuickBooks 2008 and Enterprise 8.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 5
- QuickBooks 2007 and Enterprise 7.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 3
Next, perform a right-click on the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” file and select Delete.
Verify Erasure: There may be a confirmation message. To ensure that you wish to remove the file, click “Yes.”
Reopen QuickBooks: Reopen QuickBooks. Launch your company file and adhere to the given guidelines to finish the application registration process.