When you use a mechanical system to store data, for example – in your PC, there are possibilities of a sudden system crash, which may lead to the loss of data. Moreover, installing, updating, and uninstalling of software products is also a common phenomenon when you want your system to work efficiently with all latest versions included in it. QuickBooks Backup is very easy process but need some precautions to a valid data error.
These processes of updating, installing or uninstalling may also cause loss of important data in some scenarios. Hence, it is recommended for users to always backup QuickBooks POS Backup before proceeding with any of the above.
If you are wondering how to backup QuickBooks POS files, you can contact our MyOnePro QuickBooks Tech Support team. The well-skilled individuals there will let you know the steps to create or restore QB POS backup.
When Do You Need Backup QuickBooks Point Of Sale?
Here MyOnePro going to explain all process step by step , So you will not face QuickBooks POS Backup Failed issue or problem . Always remember to take a backup before you:
- Install/Uninstall the software
- Transfer the software to another system
- Import data
- Update the software
Start Backing Up QBPOS Data & Files
Step 1: Create a backup
- Go to the File menu
- Choose Back Up Data
- Choose a relevant location. For this, you can:
- Select Default Location to save it in the default location
- Choose Specify Alternate Location to backup the file to a network drive or some removable device. Browse to the location and enter a unique file name
- Choose Backup
- Click Finish
QuickBooks POS Restore Backup
Step 2: Restore backup
The backup that you take is a compressed file. Hence, it needs to be decompressed and restored. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Go to File menu
- Choose Company Operations
- Move to Start Company window
- Select Restore from Backup radio button
- Click Next
- Select a suitable location from where you need to restore the file/folder from:
- Choose restore from default backups for selecting a default folder on the system hard drive
- Choose Browse to alternate backup file to restore from a removable media or network drive. Browse to the location and restore from there
- Choose Next
- Click Close. Your backup gets restored
Step 3: Test the backup
- Follow Step 1 and create a backup file
- Enter a new customer name in the data
- Go to File menu
- Select Restore Backup File
- Choose the backup that you have created in Step 3 (1)
- Click OK
- Choose Yes to confirm
- Click OK again
- Now choose OK when the restoring is complete
- Locate the customer that you created in Step 3 (2)
Support Backup Issues, Error QuickBooks POS v18,v13,v12
Following the above steps will enable users to be aware of the process; following which they can effectively backup QuickBooks POS and thereby restore the same at the desired location. The steps are quite simple but still, if you get stuck in following the steps, you can consult our MyOnePro team of experts for further assistance. You are able to get assistance 24/7 by ringing QuickBooks POS Support Number .
Our MyOnePro tech support experts are available 24/7 to help and provide proper support to you. Even you can also get assistance from QuickBooks Live Chat Support team.