How To Use QuickBooks For Multiple Company
QuickBooks is a highly regarded accounting software that helps to run your business smoothly. The software is incorporated with advanced features and tools that helps to automate the financial and accounting functions of the business.
In case you need to run more than one company file, you do not have to spent money in buying a new copy of QuickBooks to manage finances and accounts of your company. You can easily create multiple company files that are completely separate from each other on one QuickBooks copy. The set up process to create each new company is identical via the New Company Interview wizard. Every company file has its own file that can customize your requirements after you complete the set configuration process.
Its advisable for the user who are trying to follow process first time, please take QuickBooks Backup in advance in case after adding new company some data has been lost than QuickBooks Company File Repair service will help you.
How to Set Up Multiple Company Files?
- After installation launch QuickBooks
- Click File option going to the main menu bar.
- Select New Company file by going to the drop-down list
- Click the Start Interview button on the New Company window.
- Enter the new company’s name, address and contact information in the appropriate fields -> then click Next.
- Navigate to the folder on your computer where you want to save the new company’s file in the “Filename for New Company” dialog window -> click Save.
- QuickBooks creates the new company file. Click Next to continue.
- Mention all the essential information in the other pages of the interview wizard to complete the new company configuration process. For instance: Choose the specific industry for the new company and enter any business or credit accounts.
- Once you are done Click “Finish”.
- Repeat the same process for the other companies files as well. To switch between companies, click File by going to the from the menu bar -> select Open Previous Company file from the options displayed. Select to the company file that you want to use -> then click open.
Get Help for Multi-Company QB Setup Issues
Well the setup of 2 or more companies in QB is not very difficult task even a common bookkeeper can do this easily, but in some cases, people reached at the USA QuickBooks Support team of MyOnePro with their problems like they can’t switch from one company to another, the data of one company corrupted when adding new transaction to another company file. The situation goes worst whenever new updates launched by Intuit and user Unable to Open QB Company File after applying the update. In some unwanted circumstances user can connect MyOnePro Technical Support team for resolutions, there are various mean way to get help like Email, Chat, Error Report Form, Contact Form or even toll free number +1-516-494-3146