When your employees get paid on time, it brings a different level of communication and growth in the business. As a business owner, it is your duty to make your employees feel secure. Among all various things, completing your own small business bookkeeping requires knowing how to print pay stubs in QuickBooks Online. Whether an employee has asked for their most recent pay stubs in order to obtain a loan or social security benefits, or you simply need to print QuickBooks paystubs for your staff.
- 1 What is a QuickBooks Paystubs?
- 2 QuickBooks PayStubs Example
- 3 How to Print QuickBooks Pay Stub?
- 4 How to Get Pay Stubs from QuickBooks?
- 5 How to View Pay Stubs in Quickbooks?
- 6 How to Reprint Paystubs in QuickBooks?
- 7 How do Employees Access Pay Stubs from QuickBooks Desktop?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 8.0.1 How to pay stubs on QuickBooks?
- 8.0.2 How do I find my bill payment stub in QuickBooks?
- 8.0.3 How do I access my pay stubs?
- 8.0.4 Can QuickBooks automatically send pay stubs?
- 8.0.5 How do I create a salary slip in QuickBooks?
- 8.0.6 How do I send pay stubs in QuickBooks desktop?
- 8.0.7 How do I send pay stubs to Employees in Quickbooks online?
What is a QuickBooks Paystubs?
A pay stub usually contains information that can help an employee keep strict track of their income, and easily budget their expenses. Moreover, it also helps in verifying the accuracy of their payroll records. A QuickBooks pay stub is quite an important aspect that helps you in growing your business.
QuickBooks PayStubs Example
In case you own a small-scale business and it does not offer you many benefits, your employees’ pay stub will look quite simple and plain. Here is an example for what simple QuickBooks paystubs might look:
How to Print QuickBooks Pay Stub?
Once you’ve selected your preferences, printing QuickBooks paystubs Online is a very easy process that will just take a few minutes each time. If you require more help than what is offered in this tutorial, a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor can offer QuickBooks Online training.
Step 1: Activate QuickBooks Online Payroll
You must have access to QuickBooks Payroll in order to print pay stubs. QuickBooks Online does not come pre-installed with the QuickBooks employee payroll service. Please be aware that before recruiting staff, you must apply for an employer identification number.
Hover your cursor over the arrow on the Workers tab in the left sidebar and select Employees to activate QuickBooks Payroll. A green “Get Started” button ought to be visible to your right. To activate QuickBooks Payroll and sign up for your subscription, follow these steps.
Step 2: Configure Payroll Preferences
After enabling QuickBooks Payroll and entering the names of the employees and their payment information, select Payroll Settings by clicking on the Gear symbol.
Click the pencil next to Printing in Payroll Settings, or Paycheck Printing under Preferences, depending on which version of QuickBooks Online you are using. A few printing options should appear, such as:
- Check stock – one stub
- Check stock – two stubs
- Plain paper stubs
Choose the check material type that corresponds with your checkbook and one or two stubs if you plan to print paychecks. Choose Plain paper stubs if the pay stub is just being used for information (“pay stub details”). With this configuration, an 8.5″ x 11″ PDF will print at the appropriate scale. After selecting your preferences, click Save and then Proceed.
Important Note: Pay stubs should be printed on plain paper for workers who receive direct deposit rather than a paper paycheck. By adding the phrase “pay stub detail,” this setting will stop shrewd workers from cashing their paychecks more than once.
Step 3: Proceed to the Paycheck List and Choose the Employees’ Names
Click Home, type “paycheck list” into the search bar, or select the Workers tab, then Employees, to print pay stubs in QuickBooks. You can use the Active, Inactive, or All Employees filters to narrow down the list and locate the specific pay stub you’re looking for. Next, select the Paycheck List.
To locate the pay date you’re searching for, use the drop-down box to select the appropriate date range. The most recent payroll run’s checks will show up automatically. To print QuickBooks pay stubs for a specific employee, check the box next to their name. To print all of the pay stubs from a certain date at once, you can also check the box next to Pay Date.
Step 4: Print Pay Stubs from QuickBooks
A Print button will appear in place of the filter box after you have chosen one or more employees. A PDF opens when you click this button. To print the pay stubs, click Print.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 3371
How to Get Pay Stubs from QuickBooks?
- First, go to file, then select Print forms.
- Now select Pay Stubs.
- Select your payroll bank account.
- After this, Enter the date range that includes the pay date of the pay stubs.
- Now select the QuickBooks paystubs you want to print.
- Select the preferences to choose the company and employee information that prints on the pay stubs.
How to View Pay Stubs in Quickbooks?
- In the QuickBooks Workforce App, tap on money.
- In order to view or download your current pay stub, from the latest Paycheck, tap and view details.
- In order to view other pay stubs, from all paychecks, tap and view details.
- Now tap and view my paystub QuickBooks you want.
How to Reprint Paystubs in QuickBooks?
- Replicate QuickBooks paystubs or paychecks
- Navigate to Employees, then Payroll.
- Choose from the Paycheck list below. Make payroll.
- Choose which paycheck to print. To modify the Employee or Date range, choose Filter.
- Click Print in the Action column.
- The pay slip or paycheck preview appears. To print, select the printer icon.
How to Email Paystubs from Quickbooks?
- Step 1: First, configure your email preferences. Setting up email settings is the first step in emailing QuickBooks paystubs Online. This will guarantee that pay stubs are delivered quickly and efficiently using the online platform.
- Step 2: Establishing Employee Preferences.
- Step 3: Pay Stub Creation and Submission.
How do Employees Access Pay Stubs from QuickBooks Desktop?
- In the menu at the left at the bottom, click payroll.
- Now go to the employees menu.
- Locate your employees.
- In the personal information section, then Select Resend next to “invite this employee to view their pay stubs and W 2-s online.
- Then select Done.
Also Read: How to Record Owner’s Draw in Quickbooks?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to pay stubs on QuickBooks?
- First go to payroll, then choose Employees.
- Then select the Paycheck list below Run Payroll.
- Select the paycheck you want to print. Then you can select a filter to change the Date range or employee.
- In the Action column, now select Print.
- Then a preview of the paycheck or pay stubs opens. Select the printer icon to print.
How do I find my bill payment stub in QuickBooks?
- Go to reports.
- Now in the “Go to reports” field, enter the Transaction List by vendor.
- Then choose the Transaction List by vendor.
- After this, set the report period to the same as the date of bill payment.
- Then from the filter section, choose the vendor and then select the name of the vendor on the bill.
- Now press run report.
How do I access my pay stubs?
In a situation like this, you typically submit a request to your bank and it will easily retrieve the pay stubs for you. Moreover, you can also retrieve the pay stub directly from your employer’s employee website or form the payroll department.
Can QuickBooks automatically send pay stubs?
Save all of your time by emailing the pay stubs to your employees. Now instead of sending paper pay stubs, you can send your employees digital copies. QuickBooks desktop delivers each pay stub as a PDF to your employee’s email address.
How do I create a salary slip in QuickBooks?
First go to payroll.
Then select the pay runs tab.
Now select the pay period you wish to print pay slips for.
Select Payslips Note: Payrun must be finalized before you publish your pay slips.
Now select view payslips.
Select the pay slips you want to print, download and print.
How do I send pay stubs in QuickBooks desktop?
- To begin, choose Switch to Single-user Mode from the File menu.
- Return to the File menu and move your cursor over Print Forms.
- Choose which bank account is used to process payroll.
- For the pay stubs you wish to email, specify the range of dates.
- Choose the staff members you wish to email pay stubs to.
How do I send pay stubs to Employees in Quickbooks online?
To give an employee their payslip, go to Employees and choose their name. To view payslips, click. To view the list of menu options, select the month for which you wish to send the payslip. When you hover your cursor over the payslip you wish to transmit, select Email or Download to Computer.