QuickBooks is a tool used to keep track of day-to-day business transactions. This includes managing sales and tracking expenses. Using this program, businesses have access to specific reports which can aid in proper planning and tax filing. QuickBooks provides multiple solutions which can be useful for every type of business, regardless of the size or volume to which they are considering venturing into.
Although QuickBooks has a lot of different features, it does not mean it cannot stop working. There are still some errors that can cause QuickBooks to stop working properly. For example quickbooks abort error.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error Message
- 3 Close QuickBooks and end all QuickBooks Running Application in your Task Manager.
- 4 Quickbooks Enterprise Keeps Aborting
- 5 Technical Support QuickBooks Aborting Error
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
QuickBooks crashes when it aborts and is unable to proceed any further. The save process is going on or any changes are made to its company files. Basically, your software is asking you to restart by aborting the process and resuming from where you left off. Such an occurrence damages the QBWUSER.ini file that leads to regular crashes as QuickBooks keeps aborting.
Some Common QuickBooks Errors Cause the Abort Error.
Errors can occur for many reasons, including QuickBooks abort error.
- An issue with the QBWUSER.INI file, hardware issues or damaged Windows can cause a problem with transferring files.
- With antivirus and firewall installed, QuickBooks processes on your PC have been stopped.
- A multi-user configuration of different versions of QuickBooks are clashing.
- Multiple computers hosting the QuickBooks company file.
- To save the company’s documents, sleep mode is turned on while the computer saves.
- Data from different devices doesn’t get through when your computer is on the network. This has a negative impact on your data, therefore creating issues in backup.
Let’s see how we can resolve this error in QuickBooks with a few common fixes.
How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error Message
Solution I- Stop Hosting Multi-user Access
- Open your QuickBooks for Windows application.
- Make a new file by clicking on File from the menu bar.
- Click on Utilities.
- Select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Check mark on the box with the option, “Open a file in multi-user mode”.
Run QuickBooks and check for any errors. If you’re still experiencing issues, try the second solution.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Check out the link provided to download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- This tool analyzes and highlights faulty Windows components. It also fixes problems with them.
- Once it is downloaded, install and run the tool.
- Restart your computer then launch the desktop version of QuickBooks application.
- This will fix the problem for most of the users, but if not, then lean on our team to help.
Solution 3: Renaming the QBWUSE.INI file
- Let’s start by enabling the hidden folders. To get the ‘QBWUSE.INI file‘ you have to enter a set of commands.
- Now, navigate to ‘location: \ [user name] \AppData\Intuit\quickbooks[year]\‘
- Once the above steps are completed, you’ll need to right-click “QBWUSE.INI”.
- The next step is to click on ‘rename‘ and add ‘.OLD‘ at the end of the file name.
- Now, the user is required to rename the ‘.ecml file‘
- Now that you have done all of the steps above, try again and check the results.
If you are having problems when signing into your company file, then there might be files in the company file that are corrupt. To get back to an earlier state, you restore a backup of the company file.
Solution 4: Again install and then clean install the QuickBooks Desktop
- Uninstall- QuickBooks Desktop 2020, 2019, 2018, or any version you are using in your system.
- Rename or change the name of the installed folders, then download and run the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Rename the QuickBooks installation folders by adding the old ones at the end of the folder name.
- Collect all the information and make a backup of your Company Data files.
Solution 5: Create a new windows admin user
- Press ‘Ctrl+R‘ keys to open the ‘Run‘ command, on your keyboard,
- After that type ‘Control Panel‘, then choose the ‘OK‘ button. After that open the ‘Control Panel‘ settings.
- Now choose the ‘User Accounts‘> ‘Manage Another Account‘> ‘Create a new account‘.
- Finally type in the user name, then choose the ‘Administrator and then click on Create‘.
Also Read: QuickBooks Won’t Open
Close QuickBooks and end all QuickBooks Running Application in your Task Manager.
- Go to your Task Manager
- Highlight all applications that start with .QB, QuickBooks, or Intuit
- Click End Task
- Run Repair QuickBooks
- On your keyboard, press Windows button and the letter E to open the Computer window.
Note: In Windows 8, click the Computer tab
- Select QuickBooks application
- Once QuickBooks is selected -> click Uninstall/Change.
- In the QuickBooks installation window, click Next -> select the Repair radio button
- Click next, then Repair button at the bottom
- Click Finish. Your installation of QuickBooks should now be repaired
- You can reboot your computer -> if you get the prompt to reboot
- Open your QuickBooks
Get a Free User Guide “Why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2023”
Headache Huh, Looking to Upgrade from Your Current Version of QuickBooks?. But frustrated about which version will be best suited to your needs. Don’t worry, Get a comprehensive list of reasons, why you should upgrade to the QuickBooks 2023 version.
Get these 20 tips on why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2023.
Quickbooks Enterprise Keeps Aborting
If you have any technical or functional query regarding QuickBooks frequent aborting immediately report the problem to QuickBooks customer service support. The QuickBooks experts ProAdvisors provide you instant assistance to the right add-on software for your business in no time you can resume your work hassle free. The Intuit certified ProAdvisors are approachable via various modes like phone support, email support, live chat etc. Sometimes due to some valid reasons you fail to reach the support professionals. In such scenario you can contact other reliable agencies. If you are using QuickBooks Windows 10 than you need to follow the different steps .
Technical Support QuickBooks Aborting Error
At QuickBooks Tech Support we hire extensive years of experienced with QuickBooks aborting and work with Intuit ProAdvisors and CPAs across the US/Canada to help their clients convert to QuickBooks professionally and seamlessly. It is the time to switch to one of the most established software by migrating to QuickBooks.
At QuickBooks247 we resolve your QuickBooks query/issue regarding sudden QuickBooks aborting in the first phone call itself. It is an independent technical support provider for QuickBooks accounting software and peripherals. It houses experienced and knowledgeable professionals who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues. The resolution offered is complete and assured to be resolved in the minimum wait time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my QuickBooks keep not responding?
When you get an error message like “QuickBooks has stopped working” or “QuickBooks is not opening”, it might be due to a Windows operating system file being damaged.
Why has QuickBooks stopped working?
You may have a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file. It could be caused by corruption on your hard drive. Your program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation may be damaged due to this problem.