QuickBooks Error code 6129, 0 indicates that the computer system in which QuickBooks software installed is restricting to create company records or files and while the user tries to model a new company file it crops up. The error also occurs while accessing the company file with certain windows operating system. Some of the Windows OS which aids in QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 are listed below: Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Vista, XP, ME and 2000.
When you try to open a company file in QuickBooks Desktop, you may see the following error message.
Error code: -6129, 0: Database connection verification failure
What are the Cause of QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
There could be certain uncommon causes and solutions that aren’t considered in the above categories. Let us check these miscellaneous causes and solutions one by one.
- Antivirus security software restricts at the time of creating new company file or records
- Corrupt network file with extension – .nd
- Invalid entries in the Windows registry
- Re-structuring of company files from old QuickBooks folder while the administrator login of the system for the user is not working properly
- QB application and company file on different systems
- Malfunction in the system operation
- Uninstallation of the software
- Domain of the server and client doesn’t match
- Improper shutdown due to a power failure
QuickBooks Error 6129: Signs and Symptoms
To find the error code 6129, look at the signs and symptoms. You can easily identify which code it is by reading the description of the error code.
- When the error code pops up on the screen and crashes the active window, it has to be handled quickly
- Running the same program causes the system to crash repeatedly.
- Some Windows operating systems can be slow to respond to the keyboard and mouse.
- The system freezes for several seconds.
Read This: Install QuickBooks (2012 to 2022)
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0
Intuit has recommended several solutions to resolve this error. You need to follow the solutions in sequence for best results. Furthermore, the user should check are each resolution whether the issue is resolved to know which method worked the most.
Solution 1: Turn off antivirus using safe mode
In some cases, you might see the company file not being created. In those cases, users should turn off the antivirus while running QuickBooks in safe mode or press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select Task Manager. The steps that fall under this process are as follows:
- If the system crashes, using the Safe Mode will restore it.
- This can be done by pressing the F8 key at the boot screen, then opting for Safe Mode With Networking.
- When the Desktop screen appears, you need to turn off your Running antivirus software.
- Make another Company file.
- Make sure the system is in the normal working mode.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file. Try rebooting the system after that.
- Make sure the error is not appearing.
Solution 2: Rename QuickBooks Network Files (.ND)
- First, locate the file that is stored in your company’s folder.
- Look for files that have the extension of QuickBooks and do not change the letters.
- Rename the file by right-clicking on the file and pressing “Rename”.
- Type “.OLD” as the file extension and press “Enter”.
- Some files are shared across computers. Make sure you have the right version on each computer so that everyone can work together.
- You can open the Company File right away by opening it on your computer.
- Click on the Windows Start Button, then click on Programs, then find QuickBooks, and click on the Database Server Manager.
- When scanning folders, select the tab with “Scan Folders” selected.
- Add a new folder and name it’s contents if required; referring to the Company file.
- Click on the “Scan” tab
- Click the “Close Option” once Scan is completed.
- Open the Company File.
Solution 3: Make sure the systems work on one domain
In case the domain of the server and client doesn’t match, you might find yourself on QB Error code 6129. Depending on what happened, you should get all the systems on the same domain and check if the issue persists. You can also contact a Network Administrator to help you connect all the systems to one domain.
Solution 4: Copy the company file into a different location
- Create a “New Folder“.
- Move the required QuickBooks Company Files to a folder on the desktop.
- If you are not using a laptop or desktop PC to open QuickBooks, then follow these steps.
- But if you are going to use the same file on multiple systems, then be sure to follow the “Next” steps.
- Open QuickBooks > Programs > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select on the “Scan Folders” Tab.
- In the case that you can’t find a folder that contains the file, click the “Add a new Folder”.
- Click on the “Scan” tab.
- Click the “Close” Option once Scan is completed.
- Open the Company File.
Solution 5: Run file doctor
- The first step is to download QuickBooks tool hub
- Install and run the QuickBooks file doctor at the company file issue section.
- Once the tool has finished running, it will provide a diagnosis that the issue is resolved.
Get a Free User Guide “Why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2023”
Headache Huh, Looking to Upgrade from Your Current Version of QuickBooks?. But frustrated which version will be best suited according to your need. Don’t worry, Get a comprehensive list of reasons, why you should upgrade to the QuickBooks 2023 version.
Get these 20 tips on why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2023.
Solution 6: Updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest
QuickBooks error code 6129 is triggered when using the outdated desktop software. This demands updating it immediately. The steps to be taken in this case are as follows:
- Open the software and head to the Help menu. If you need it, there’s also an option to update your QuickBooks desktop.
- Next, click the Update now tab.
- Furthermore, choose the Get updated option to start with the download process.
- Restart the QuickBooks desktop.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to Accept the option for installing the new release
Solution 6: Login as Windows Administrator
Sometimes, it’s hard for users when they don’t see their admin account credentials. In this situation, you have to log in to Windows at the administrator password. If you’re having trouble with this, contact support or an IT professional.
- Attempt to open the company file. Update it with the use of the Run as Administrator option and specify your user account to update it.
- If you are not able to log in as the administrator on your computer, contact Windows support for help.
Solution 8: Run clean install tool and database server manager using tool hub program
Step 1: Go for a clean install
It is possible to erase a lot of the problems in your computer by doing the below-stated steps:
- Download and Install the QuickBooks tool hub program today.
- After opening the tool hub, it needs to be opened.
- And proceed to the Installation option after that.
- Choose the clean install tool tab.
- Your clean installation will begin.
Step 2: Make use of QuickBooks database server manager
- Launch the Tool Hub, which has all the tools in a single place.
- Visit the Network sections for more information.
- Choose the administrator on your QuickBooks database server.
- Better ways to communicate with the software will be improved.
- Network-related issues fixed or easier to fix.
- Wait for the process to complete and reboot the system.
Step 3: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
You’ll need to update QuickBooks desktop latest if it isn’t currently running the most recent version. To upgrade QuickBooks Desktop follow these steps:
- Launch the QuickBooks desktop program.
- Select “Update QuickBooks” from the “Help” menu.
- Click the “Get Updates” option after selecting the updates you want to download.
- Then select “Update” and wait for the process to finish.
Help & Technical Support to Troubleshoot -6129, 0 QuickBooks Error Code
The four solutions listed above should be enough to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6129, 0. If the error persists you can immediately contact QuickBooks247 to fetch expert resolution services from our in-house trained technicians who are available round the clock. We consider the urgency of our customers and assist their needs and requirements from our esteemed customers. QuickBooks USA Support offer 24*7 services with complete resolution guarantee within stipulated time period. You can connect with through QuickBooks Error 6129, 0 toll free number +1-516-494-3146 and converse with our customer support team who will diagnose the cause of your issue and provide feasible solution.