The cash flow forecast plays an important role in business growth. As we all know in an organization the money comes in and out. It has been allocated to the suppliers or expenses of the employees. Future forecasting becomes quite hard. The cash flow forecasts are used for taking the estimates of the future revenues. In QuickBooks, there is a cash flow planner tool used for calculating expected cash flow. This functionality is helpful in the business holder’s ease in predicting the cash flow. The below article will present the guide related to the machine-learning enhanced tool QuickBooks cash flow planner to tackle the financial challenges.
What QuickBooks Cash Flow Planner is all About?
The cash flow planner is one of the interactive tools that help in forecasting the company’s cash flow including the money coming in and out. In other words, we can say it summaries the financial history to ease the future predictions of the money. Moreover, you can add and set the future events in this tool to view if any changes affect the cash flow.
How Does Forecasting Work in QuickBooks?
The cash flow planner tool’s chart refers the historical data through the connected bank accounts to QuickBooks to forecast the future recurring expenses and income. It contains both categorized & uncategorized transactions. Moreover, you can manually add data to forecast cash flow by adjusting future events.
Get a Free User Guide “Why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2023”
Headache Huh, Looking to Upgrade from Your Current Version of QuickBooks?. But frustrated which version will be best suited according to your need. Don’t worry, Get a comprehensive list of reasons, why you should upgrade to the QuickBooks 2023 version.
Get these 20 tips on why to Upgrade to QuickBooks 2023.
How to Use the Cash Flow Planner in QuickBooks Online?
The below section helps you set up the Cash flow planner setup and how to use its option:
Step 1- Cash Flow Planner Setup:
- Navigate Business overview
- Choose Planner button
- Follow the on-screen instruction to set up the Planner
- If you have linked the external bank accounts for online banking then QuickBooks automatically analyses the account transactions and start predicting the future money in & out items. Moreover, you can view the connected account in the section named Linked Account in the cash flow menu.
Step 2- Cash Flow Forecast:
The cash flow planner gets info using a few places that are below:
- Linked checking, savings, and credit card accounts
- Due date transactions entered in the future
- Manual added items to the planner
- Here are the steps for the latest forecast:
- Navigate Business overview
- Choose Planner
- Click on the date filters below optionnamed” Today’s balance” to adjust the forecast range
- Choose All, Money out, and Money in tabs for list filtering
- Now drag the field across the chart to a particular date. It will display the item listed with the cash flow
- Item contains different labels such as invoice, planned, or predicted. Choose as per requirement.
How to Fine-Tune Forecasts in QuickBooks?
The adjustments in a planning tool” The cash flow planner” won’t affect the QuickBooks accounting. It also does not impact online banking transactions or the chart of accounts. You can edit the future item date and expected amount to view the specific changes impacting the cash flow. For item adjustments choose it through the list, perform modifications and then choose Update.
The QuickBooks does not contain overdue forecasting bills and invoices as they are not complete. However, if you need to add them then here are the steps:
- Click on the Cash flow planner list
- Choose the Update button to view the list of invoices and bills that are overdue
- Click on a new expected date and choose the Update tab for each transaction you need to add
- Once you are prepared then hit the Done button
Read This: Accidentally Deleted QuickBooks Company File
Step 3- Adding the New Item:
You can mutually embed items for the income and expenses. Moreover, you can generate repeating items to ease planning. Here are the below steps:
- Locate the Business overview button
- Click Planner tab
- Choose Add item option
- Hit Money in if the item is Money out or income if its an expense
- Provide the item name & fill in an amount it’s a recurring item then click the Repeating button
- Choose if the item repeats
- Hit Save button
How to Delete/Edit an Item in QuickBooks?
You can delete or edit items to view how the projected cash flow changes. Here are the steps to edit/delete items:
- Locate the Business Overview button
- Choose Planner tab
- Click on the item you need to edit
- Modify the date, amount field or name, money in or out, or the repeated data
- Choose Update to save the changes
- Hit Update button
- Click Continue tab
How to Delete an Item in the QuickBooks Cash Flow Planner?
- Click on the Business Overview
- Choose Planner option
- Click on the item you need to delete
- Hit Remove button
- If you delete a repeating item you can choose the Only item button to delete the particular item in the series
- Click the Entire series button to delete all repeating items
Step 4- Cash Flow Planner Snapshot:
- Locate the Business Overview tab
- Click Cashflow
- You can see the overdue number and then open invoices & bills to display the amount in the cash flow planner
- Choose view below Open invoices and then click Open bills to view the open transaction list
- Click the View reports tab on either Money out or Money in for a summary and in-depth report on the unpaid bills and invoices.
Hopefully, the information helped you to know about QuickBook’s cash flow planner. In case of any doubts get connected with a professional team. Use a live chat, email address, or phone number to reach the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the cash flow planner if enabled Multi-currency?
No, the cash-planner is unavailable for QB company with enabled Multi-currency
How Would I run an Open Invoice Report to Optimize Cash Flow?
● Locate Business overview
● Click Reports
● Click on the section named Who owes you
● Choose Open invoices
● Hit Run Report
How can I run a Balance Detail Report for Cash Flow?
● Click on Business overview
● Click Reports tab
● Hit section labeled Who owes you
● Choose Customer Balance Detail
● Click Run report
What If I view the Overdue Transaction Notifications in my Planner?
It specifies the unpaid QuickBooks bills or invoices for which the expected date or due in the past. It is due to the failure to show up the transactions in the planner till they have expected dates or due dates in the future. This pop-up specifies the users to update the expected date to display it as a future event.
What data I will not see via QuickBooks cash flow planner?
● Trust account transactions
● Manual entered transactions into QuickBooks
● Multi-currency enabled files
● Credit card transactions
Can I view the data after the bank account disconnection?
No, you will not view the data on the chart after the bank account disconnection