When you try to create a backup online, there may encounter many errors. Among these issues, QuickBooks backup error 1071 is one of them. To run a backup correctly or accurately, you need to resolve the issue. The below write-up is rounded up with the resolutions to fix the error message code 1071. The process of QuickBooks Backup is very easy, but due to system or network problem some back-end error encountered which need to be fixed in order to protect accounting data.
What Is QuickBooks Backup Error 1071?
The backup error code 1071 error is also known as QB online error. This complex issue will become a barrier while creating a backup and hamper the work. Hence to ensure minimal downtime, you need to fix the issue as soon as possible. Firstly know the core of the backup issue before proceeding with the troubleshooting procedure of this QuickBooks Error Code .
Causes Behind QuickBooks Backend Backup Error 1071
- Company File Damage
- Incorrect Backup path
- The limit of characters exceeds in the company file
- The size of the company file is larger than 3GB
- The user tries to create a backup on the external hard disk.
Find out causes when QuickBooks Backup Not Responding and what users have to do To Fix QuickBooks Error Backup Company File, a complete detail and instruction by team of MyOnePro .
How To Resolve QB Backup Error Message 1071?
Here are the methods to fix the error:
Method 1- Create a Company file backup into a flash drive:
- Initially locate File menu
- A select option which says Save copy or Backup
- Select the Backup copy
- Hit Next button
- Now the user is needed to click on Local Backup; followed by choosing Next
- After this, hit Save it now
- Once prompt hit on Next button
- After a search to a location on the local drive
- Click Save button
- Now minimize the QuickBooks Desktop
- Hit next step
- Search the backup file on the local drive
- Give right-click on the file, followed by choosing the copy button
- After this, it will prompt a Windows Explorer Window
- Double click on the drive letter appears to the flash drive to open it
- Give a right-click on the button named file and then choose the paste button
Method 2- Execute the IDP Diagnostic tool:
Follow the steps:
- Locate the green padlock icon named Intuit Data Protect; give a right-click on it
- Choose About Intuit Data Protect button.
- Use your keyboard to hit the Ctrl+F2 buttons to launch the Tool, which says Intuit Data Protect Diagnostics.
- Hit Run Diagnostics
- In case the Diagnostics tool discover a firewall issue or third-party security program, you will require reconfiguring the hardware or software to permit access to Intuit data to protect files
- To get information regarding security software or hardware configuration, verify the manufacturer website to add the below exception files:
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IntuitDataProtect.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IbuEnghost.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\QBIDPServices.exe
Method 3- Embed Windows Firewall Ports:
Sometime QuickBooks Blocked By Windows Firewall hence issues comes while taking backup QB.
- Click on the Start option
- Write Control Panel into the field
- Hit System & Security button
- Select the Windows Firewall, then click on Advanced Settings
- Locate the left corner and hit the inbound Rules button
- Click on New Rule from the right corner of the Advanced Settings Window
- Fill the ports
- Click on Next
- The incoming port is 80, whereas outgoing ports are 16841,443
- Follow the instructions
- Check for outbound rules
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Click on the Tools option, then hit the Internet button
- In case you can’t discover Tools on the browser, hit Alt once to view hidden tabs
- Hit the General section, then click on the Delete button below the section named Browsing History
- Choose the checkboxes including website files, website data, form data, history, cookies, and Private filtering
- Unselect the Preserve favorites and checkup named website data
- Click on Delete to delete the items
- Select the tab named Content
- Hit clear SSL state
- Click OK
Method 5- Integrate Trusted Sites:
- Open your Internet Explorer
- Locate Tools menu
- Click on Internet Options
- Hit the Security button, then unselect the checkbox named Enable Protected Mode
- Click on Trusted sites
- Hit Sites
- Unselect the needed Server verification for all sites in the checkbox named zone
- Integrate *.backup.com, *.intuit.net and *.intuit.com,
- Click on Close
- Hit Privacy tab
- Click sites
- In the website, box address write the websites: *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com
- Select Allow each time you enter the web addresses
- Hit OK
Support 1071 Error Troubleshooting QB Pro, Premier, Enterprise
Hopefully, the information is enough to fix the backup error code 1071 in QuickBooks. The backup process is an unavoidable task in every organization; therefore, there might be other technical glitches if you do not sort out the backup issue with the above methods. Don’t ignore it; talk to the professional team over the QuickBooks Support . Use a live chat option or drop an email with an issue to solve the queries regarding QuickBooks-related errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I update QuickBooks to fix error code 1071?
1. Firstly hit the Help option
2. Select Update QuickBooks
3. Hit on the tab which says Update
4. You are supposed to scroll down and make sure you selected “Data protect”
5. Hit the Get Updates button
How can I fix the IDP issues in QuickBooks?
Update the IDP (Intuit Data Protect). After the completion of the Update, close and re-open the QB to apply the updates. Here are the steps to update IDP:
1. Locate Taskbar, discover the green-colored icon, and right-click on it
2. Select About Intuit Data protect
3. Hit Update button
Get more assistance for IDP connect QuickBooks USA Support team .
What Procedure do I need to use to rename the company file in QuickBooks?
1. The initial step is to launch the Company file.
2. Once open the company file, the proceeding thing is to press F2
3. It will display a Window named Product Information
4. Note down the company file location
5. Give a right-click on the file
6. Click on Rename tab
7. After this, hit Enter key
8. Tab on Yes button
Find out full information How To Rename QuickBooks Company File in easy steps .
Name the ports used to connect the Intuit Data Protect to the Internet in QuickBooks?
Ports 80 & 443 are used to connect IDP to the internet.