Backup of the company file is essential to ensure the protection against data loss. It helps in ease of retrieving the corrupted file if deleted mistakenly or damaged due to the virus. Whenever the user tries to retrieve a backup of the company file, the screen gets frozen, or the message popup on the screen notifying QuickBooks backup is not working. MyOnePro will help you to provide the troubleshooting guide to fix the backup failure in QuickBooks Backup Not Working, moreover, user can find out the issue troubleshooting guide QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File issue.
What is the QuickBooks Backup Doesn’t Work error?
This QuickBooks Error is a most irritating error message, which generally makes the user more panic. It interrupts the retrieval of the damaged documents in QuickBooks. It often appears when trying to back up the company file or restore the backup file. The error message appears as QuickBooks Won’t Backup Company File, or Backup failed. The primary reason behind the error is damaged ND files or QB company file corruption. Meanwhile, there might be many other technical glitches that create the issue. Let’s check out the other in the section below.
Causes Can’t Backup QuickBooks Error
- The prime reason for the backup failure is the unavailability of the storage device with the backup file. For instance, if you have used any external storage device to store the backup file it has failed to connect with the system in which you are trying to take Backup.
- QuickBooks is set up to run for a different version of Windows. For example – you are using Windows 10 and QuickBooks is configured for Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.
- Company file damage
- When the incorrect backup path is created, which in turn cause the Backup failure
- No space available in the storage device to store the backup file
How can I Fix a Problem with my Scheduled Backup Not Working?
If your backup schedule doesn’t work, it can be resolved with some ease. Here are a few of the most helpful strategies you can use to get the issue resolved without any further hassle.
Process 1: Verify Scheduled Automatic Backup Settings
- Open your QuickBooks
- Click on the File option
- Select Save copy /Backup option
- On-clicking the Backup Window will appear
- Click the Backup Copy tab
- Hit Next button
- In case you have not yet set the backup defaults, then hit on Options
- It will help you setting up of backup defaults
- Hit Next button
- Choose Change Location or Use this location button
- Select Next button
- Hit on several options, give a click on Save it now
- Select Scheduled future backups / only scheduled backups
- Hit Next button
- Now click on the Save backup copy automatically when closing the company file every time field.
- Write the number in the field
- Hit on Finish button
You can follow above given steps and instruction while you are working to fix QuickBooks Backup Error Code 2277 .
Process 2: Make use of the Rebuild Data Utility & QuickBooks Verify
- To update your QuickBooks software, you need to open the QuickBooks software. Navigate to the File tab, and select Utilities. From here, click on Verifying Data option.
- Find the files and data you need to ensure your QuickBooks is up to date.
- When you try to open a file, you might receive a warning about data integrity. You must shut the message and try again.
- On the backup company data popup window, click on backup and then browse to the desktop.
- Our tool can repair the damage in a company file.
- When you see the message that states “Rebuild has completed,” after checking on the other tabs, you are required to hit “OK” tab and manage your automatic backups.
Process 3: Use compatibility Mode to Run Quickbooks
- For this, you need to open the system
- Give a right-click on the icon which says QuickBooks
- Hit Properties button
- Discover the compatibility option and verify the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” button
- Give a click on the drop-down button
- Choose the suitable Windows version
- Hit Apply and then click OK
- Now verify the issue
Process 4: Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent release.
- To quickly update QuickBooks, click on the function tab, then the account setup tab.
- To clear the past download, choose the then tab and then select reset update checkbox.
- To start browsing our catalog and products find the one that you want to view.
- Restart the QuickBooks software and it will help you with your accounting.
- After that, click the option to update the app when you’re asked.
Here’s all you need to know about the QuickBooks scheduled backup not working issue. But if you’re not satisfied with the results then please reach out to our highly trained QuickBooks error support team and they will help fix your issue. Our experts have the latest cutting edge tech that can fix any problem you might be experiencing.
Here are the Steps to fix a Problem with QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not working on Windows
Method 1: Check the Backup Directory in QuickBooks
- Initially open the QuickBooks Desktop
- Locate the Preferences option
- Click on the section named Backup options
- Verify the backup directory that you chose in QuickBooks located below the tab which says Local Backup Only
- Ensure that the QuickBooks Company file has a correct path to make a file backup
- In case there appears a wrong backup path, then hit the Browse button
- Choose the right folder location in which you need to save the company file Backup
- You can also modify the path of Backup before creating company file backup using Create Backup window
Method 2: Download and Install QuickBooks Updates
If there are bugs present in your QuickBooks Desktop application, the data is not being properly backed up. Follow these instructions to get your updates installed quickly.
- Run QuickBooks to ensure you have the appropriate permissions to run it.
- Open the Help tab and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Now visit the Update tab, select Get Updates and this will prompt QuickBooks to download all the updates it is needed.
- You can restart QuickBooks and install the most recent updates.
- Try to configure automatic backup. If problems occur, please contact your ISP for help.
You will find more detailed instructions on updating your software in our article entitled How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
There are many different causes for why automatic backup is not working in QuickBooks. One cause is the damage in the company file data. The solution here is to use QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility to fix issues with automatic data backup.
- QuickBooks’ Verify and Rebuild Data Utility is an inbuilt QuickBooks tool that verifies the integrity of a company file, and if any damage is found, then it automatically repairs the damage.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop by clicking File, then click Utility.
- Select Verify Data option from the drop-down list.
- Intuit has updated QuickBooks so it scans the company file to look for any errors and corruption.
- Generally, if QuickBooks displays “Your Data has Lost Integrity” – close the message and click the File tab again.
- Restore your hard drive’s data with a click.
- Backup your company file data on your Desktop and click OK to the popup window.
- OK, click the QuickBooks Rebuild Data tool to repair the company file.
- After seeing the error message “Rebuild has Completed,” click OK and try to schedule automatic backups again.
Method 4: Change the .ND file name to fix Backup failure error:
Walk-through the below instructions:
- First of all, exit the QuickBooks software
- Now Open Windows File Manager
- Follow the path C:\ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks \ to view the network data file.
- The name of the file is identical to the company file, however.ND extension
- Give a right-click on the file
- Click on Rename button
- Embed .OLDFILE extension at the end of the file name
- Now save the file
- Make a company file backup again if the error persists, then continue the below method.
Get the complete details QuickBooks Desktop Backup All Company process step by step .
Method 5: Add Automatic Backup Settings in QuickBooks
In this post we explain scheduling a local backup in QuickBooks Desktop and show how to do it correctly. We give an overview of the process and offer step by step instructions to make sure you are not doing anything wrong.
- In case of still not working QuickBooks Desktop application, you might need to reinstall it using the QuickBooks clean installation tool.
Some users might experience some difficulty in following steps, as they involve reconfiguring Windows features. If you are unable to resolve the error “QuickBooks automatic backup not working”, please follow our guide on solving QuickBooks automatic backup problems.
Method 6: Check Available Storage space on the backup device:
Sometimes, while creating a backup, a warning message notifies the unavailability of required space to back up the company file. Hence you need to free up the Space minimum of 645106849 Byte to fix the backup failure error. After the low storage indication, you should consider erasing the unnecessary files from the system to release the space. There are many methods to free up space on the devices. For example, delete temp files, delete personal files, use disk cleanup, etc.
Help and Support QuickBooks Won’t Backup
That’s all for today! If none of the resolutions sorts out the issue, then use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. If still errors persist, you can connect with the QuickBooks professional team at QuickBooks Support Number . Give a call to them and get the best advice and additional resolution to tackle with repairing the corrupted company file or more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I verify the total remaining disk space on Windows 10 while creating Backup ?
1. Open File explorer Window
2. Click This PC appears on the left of the desktop
3. The available space appears below the Devices and drives
4. Can I resolve the QuickBooks Backup not working with the Rebuild QB company file?
5. Absolutely, open your QuickBooks
6. Locate File menu
7. Click on the drop-down which says Utilities
8. Hit Verify data
9. While running the verify data tool, you are supposed to go back to the Utilities drop-down if there is any company file issue.
10. Now hit the Rebuilt data button.
11. Let the utility repair the errors in the Company file
Can outdated QuickBooks be a reason for backup failure ?
Yes, resetting the QuickBooks update is the resolution in this scenario. Follow the steps:
1. Open the QuickBooks
2. Find the Help button and give a click on it
3. Hit Update QuickBooks Desktop button
4. Locate Update Now Option
5. Place a mark on the Option named Reset Updates
6. Hit “Get updates” tab
7. Choose OK to proceed
8. and if asking for permission to begin the update installation
9. Hit OK
10. Close Update QuickBooks Window