Are you experiencing issues with QuickBooks freezing, crashing or hanging during startup? There are various situations where users may encounter problems with QuickBooks freezing when performing certain actions or attempting to open a new window in their QuickBooks file.
In both QuickBooks Desktop and Online, there are a number of factors that can lead to freezing or crashing on startup, causing frustration for users.
QuickBooks Error QB freezes when printing
QuickBooks application has an inbuilt feature of creating invoices that make managing business simple and easy. After the invoice has been generated taking a print out of it is very essential task of QuickBooks program. Unexpectedly, if QuickBooks stops printing invoices one fine day all the work flow will be paused. QuickBooks Email Freezing sometimes causes behind printing not working.
How to fix QuickBooks freezing or crashing issues
You might be attempting to perform various actions such as printing an invoice, customizing a report, or using the register in QuickBooks, only to experience freezing or crashing instead of accessing the desired window. However, it’s important to note that the problem is not necessarily with the QuickBooks software itself.
Issues such as QuickBooks freezing while opening a company file, freezing when printing, or freezing while performing certain actions are often caused by Windows errors. If you encounter such errors, you may receive an error message.
QuickBooks does not freeze when an offscreen window has just been opened next to it
The error message you may receive indicates that the windows have opened outside of the visible range on your monitor, likely due to your monitor setup. This can cause QuickBooks to freeze and the windows to wait for input, leading to the error message.
Causes Of QuickBooks 2023 Desktop Freezing Up When Printing Invoices Issue
Experiencing freezing in QuickBooks Desktop 2023 can be a serious issue that needs to be addressed promptly. In order to fully resolve the problem, it is important to identify the root cause. There are several potential reasons why this error may occur, including:
- When the company file size exceeds the maximum limit, QuickBooks Desktop may freeze.
- A corrupted QBWUSER.INI file can cause QuickBooks Desktop to freeze.
- An outdated or damaged operating system can be a reason for QuickBooks Desktop freezing.
- Internet and firewall restrictions can cause QuickBooks to freeze when opening a company file.
- A damaged hard drive used for QuickBooks installation may cause freezing.
- A corrupted or incomplete installation of QuickBooks can lead to freezing.
- A company name that is too long may cause QuickBooks Desktop to freeze.
- Enabling User Access Control can cause QuickBooks Desktop to become unresponsive.
- Enabling User Access Control can cause the QuickBooks Desktop not responding issue.
- Background applications consuming too much system resources can cause freezing.
- Damaged DDF files and user reference files can also cause QuickBooks Desktop to freeze.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Crashes (Freezes) When Printing Invoices Issue
Below are possible symptoms of QuickBooks Crashes (Freezes) When Printing Invoices:
- QuickBooks freezing on Windows 10 for a few seconds is an indication of the problem.
- QuickBooks’ regular accounting tasks may become challenging due to the system’s poor performance and lagging.
- It may be necessary to force quit QuickBooks due to the freezing error.
- The computer may become slow and unresponsive, and QuickBooks may respond sluggishly to keyboard or mouse inputs.
- QuickBooks may freeze after logging in or become unresponsive, causing an active window to crash with a series of errors.
How to Fix QuickBooks Stops Responding When Printing Invoice
To troubleshoot the issue you can run Verify and Rebuild Data to identify if your company file has data damage or not. The Verify Data utility identifies any potential data damage issues, while the Rebuild Data utility repairs data in your company file. If the program is in multi-user mode, you need to change to single user mode (Go to File -> Switch to Single User Mode). It is very important that you have to create a backup copy of your company file before running Verify and Rebuild Data.
Run Verify Data utility:
- Go to File menu
- Click Company -> Utilities
- Select Verify Data
Note: If the verify process is successful, you are done. In case it fails due to some problem, QuickBooks will notify you to run Rebuild data.
Run Rebuild Data utility:
- Go to File menu
- Click Company -> Utilities.
- Select Rebuild Data.
Note: Rebuild data involves time depending on the size of your file and its condition. So allow as much time it is needed.
You can check the error if this occurs with a sample company file.
- Go to file
- Close Company file
- Open a sample File
Also you can also perform certain verification in case QB freezes with printing.
- Test Printer: Before performing printer activities verify if the printer is functioning properly.
- QB Print and PDF repair tool: This tool helps to detect the physical and digital printing issues.
- Switch printers: In case there is an option of second printer on the network you can use that as the default printer for a temporary period.
- Clear temp files: At times temp internet files cause QB to freeze or hang when trying to print an invoice.
When QuickBooks freezes or crashes, here’s how to fix it
If you’re experiencing an issue where QuickBooks won’t open or respond, and nothing seems to happen when you try to launch it, it’s important to take specific steps to address the problem. Here are some potential solutions that can help you resolve QuickBooks freezing or crashing on startup errors.
Step 1: Use of Escape Key (ESC)
- Identify the task that caused QuickBooks to freeze and try performing it again.
- Press the escape button on your keyboard to see if the error resolves.
- If the issue persists, try repeating the same task once more.
- After pressing the ESC key, QuickBooks will close most of the recently opened offscreen windows.
- Reset QuickBooks to appear in the currently visible area of the screen.
- The next time you attempt the same action, make sure the appropriate window appears and that QuickBooks no longer freezes while performing any task.
Step 2: The QuickBooks desktop will be suppressed
To suppress the Desktop while starting QuickBooks, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks program icon to open the application.
- Continue holding down the Ctrl key until the “No Company Open” window appears.
- With the “No Company Open” window open, release the Ctrl key.
- From the No Company Open window, you have to choose the desired company file.
Hold down the Alt key.
- Select Open from the menu.
- Till the login window displays you have to keep holding down the Alt key.
- Alt should be released.
- Specify your login information and Hold down the Alt key.
- Once your file has fully opened, click OK while holding down the Alt key. A blank desktop will be visible in QuickBooks.
Step 3: Uninstall and Repair QuickBooks
The following steps can be taken if you are using any of the above windows versions to use QuickBooks and you are experiencing QuickBooks freezing continuously.
- Press the Windows + E keys on your keyboard to open the computer’s windows.
- Click on the “Computer” tab (in Windows 8).
- Change the program or select “Uninstall a program”.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of installed programs.
- Once QuickBooks software opens, click on “Change/Uninstall”.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the program.
Note: It’s important to choose the “Change/Uninstall” option instead of just “Uninstall” to avoid accidentally deleting your QuickBooks data and software.
- Go to the QuickBooks Server Windows.
- Click on “Next” and select the “Repair” radio button.
- Click on “Next” and then click on “Repair”.
- Select “Finish” to complete the repair process.
- Open your QuickBooks server file menu and check if the problem is still present.
Reasons QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing
QuickBooks freezing or crashing may occur due to various reasons. One common issue is a corrupted driver or a damaged system extension. Restarting the system can help resolve this problem.
Another possible cause of QuickBooks freezing or crashing is infected data. To fix this issue, go to the Files tab in QuickBooks and select the Rebuild Data option under the Utility tab. This will help repair any data damage and resolve the issue.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing
Here are some steps you can take if QuickBooks for MAC keeps crashing:-
- Update your QuickBooks to the latest version available.
- Check your printer settings to make sure it is set up correctly.
- If you are trying to save the invoice as a PDF file, try changing the default printer to a different one.
- You can also try using the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool to resolve the issue.
- If the issue persists, you may need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks on your system.
How to fix QuickBooks freezing or not responding when printing
Printing freezes can be fixed by following the instructions, guides, and steps below.
Method 1: To Determine if the problem lies with the printer, check it out first
You can fix QuickBooks crashes or freezes when printing invoices by following the steps below;
- First, you’ve to turn off the printer and then turn it back on one
- Turn the printer on once the computer has restarted
- From the Windows Start screen, select the “Control Panel”
- Select Printers and Fax Machines by double-clicking it
- Do right-click on the printer and choose Use Printer Online if it says Offline
- If there are papers in the queue when you double-click the printer, cancel them all
- After that, make right-click on the printer after the window is closed
- Select Print Test Page from the Property menu.
Method 2: Install and run the Print and PDF Repair Tool if invoices are not printing correctly in QB Desktop
The QuickBooks printer repair tool fixes the most common invoice printing issues in QuickBooks. The steps for using the tool to fix your problem are outlined below:
Here are the steps to use the QuickBooks printer repair tool:
- First, close your QuickBooks software and any other programs that are running.
- Download the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool from the official Intuit website.
- Run the downloaded file and install it on your computer.
- After installation, open the tool and click on “Start Scan”.
- The tool will then scan your system for any issues related to printing or PDFs in QuickBooks.
- Once the scan is complete, the tool will display any errors that it has found.
- Click on “Fix Errors” to repair any issues that were identified.
- Wait for the repair process to complete.
- Once the repair is finished, try printing your invoice or document in QuickBooks to see if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Make the Product/Service and Amount columns wider
By adjusting the width of product/service and amount columns, QuickBooks freezes while printing invoices. The steps are listed below;
- Choose Custom Form Styles from the Gear icon
- Select the Edit menu from the Action menu when you find the Sales Form
- Resize the width of the description or the amount by clicking the Content tab and using the slider
- Finally, hit the “Done” tab.
Method 4: The QBPrint.QBP file must be manually renamed in order to resolve the error message. QuickBooks invoices cannot be printed
The steps below will guide you through renaming the QBPrint.QBP file to resolve the QuickBooks Freezes while printing invoice error.
- Locate the QBprint.qbp file on your computer by navigating to the appropriate folder based on your Windows version. For example, for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7, go to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 20xx (20xx represents the version of your QuickBooks).
- Double-click the QBprint.qbp file to open it.
- Right-click on the QBprint.qbp file and select “Rename”.
- Add the suffix “.old” to the end of the file name and press Enter.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Printer Setup”.
- Select any transaction from the Form Name list and click “OK”.
- QuickBooks will create a new QBprint.qbp file.
- Try printing a transaction again to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 5: Make sure the printer is set to print one sheet at a time
If the printer is not configured to print a single sheet at a time, QuickBooks may crash or freeze while printing invoices. Here are the steps to do so;
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Customers tab.
- Select the Customer Center option, and then click on Transactions.
- Locate the invoice that you want to print from the list of invoices and click on it to open it.
- Once you have opened the invoice, go to the Print drop-down menu and select Invoice.
- Click on the Ok button to print the invoice.
Follow the steps below to ensure that your printer is set to print a single sheet:
- Choose Printer Setup from the File menu
- Select Page-oriented (Single Sheets) from the Printer Type drop-down option and click Ok.
Method 6: Permissions for the XPS document writer should be adjusted
To resolve the QB invoice problem, you must have Admin Rights.
- Open Printers Control on Windows
- Choose Printer properties (Windows 7 & 8) or Properties (Windows Vista) by right-clicking on the menu called “ Microsoft XPS Document Writer”
- Select the “Everyone user group” under the Security tab
- Check the Print box in the Allow column and click OK
- In Windows Explorer, browse to C:\ Windows\ System32\ spool
- Select the Properties from the Printers menu
- After selecting
- Open the Printers Control panel in Windows.
- Right-click on the “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” and select “Printer properties” (Windows 7 & 8) or “Properties” (Windows Vista).
- Under the Security tab, select the “Everyone user group”.
- Check the “Print” box in the Allow column and click OK.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Windows\System32\spool.
- Select “Properties” from the Printers menu.
- Under the Security tab, click “Edit”, then “Add”.
- Type “Local Service” and press Enter.
- Ensure that Local Service has Full Control and click OK.
- Try to create a .pdf file in QuickBooks and check if the issue is resolved.
- ey after typing Local Service
- After that, select the Ok button after ensuring that Local Service has Full Control
- Try to make a .pdf file in QuickBooks
- Check to see whether this resolves the invoice printing issue.
Technical Support QB Printer Freezing Problem
If you have any query or problem in running the data verify or data rebuild process immediately contact QuickBooks 24/7 support Number. You will be accorded support by QuickBooks expert ProAdvisors with extensive experience and intensive knowledge. They resolve your issues instantly and are available round the clock.
In case you fail to connect with the QuckBooks USA Support executives you can immediately contact QuickBooks247 to fetch expert resolution services from our in-house trained technicians who are available round the clock. We consider the urgency of our customers and assist their needs and requirements from our esteemed customers. We offer 24*7 services with complete resolution guarantee within stipulated time period. You can connect with through QuickBooks toll free number +1800-983-3079 and converse with our customer support team who will diagnose the cause of your issue and provide feasible solution.